Day of release, People Magazine hit the stands and chose Don’t Look Back as one of it’s coveted “Picks” of a dozen cool things to see, hear, read and download for the week. In the influential industry trade publication Billboard, the album is highlighted in an item about the small number of new country artist releases for the year, noting that Johnson’s album (“has a neighborly tone”) is a “solid guarantee among the debut albums…[as his] album arrived the week of Jan 11.” Don’t Look Back hit #1 on iTunes upon release.
The 13-track album, which is available now, was produced by the storied James Stroud (Tim McGraw, Shelby Lynne, Chris Young) and follows Johnson groundbreaking introduction to the country music world. Views for the viral video for his Top 20 Country Breakout Chart single, “South Of Me,” are now nearing three million. The video topped CMT’s Pure 12-Pack Countdown for seven weeks and earned Johnson major media including the Late Show with David Letterman, FOX’s Huckabee, USA Today, TV Guide and The Tennessean.
7. “I Ain’t the Guy” featuring Vince Gill on guitar solo (Robby Johnson, Kellys Collins, Juliana Cole)
9. “Moment” (Robby Johnson, Kellys Collins, Juliana Cole)
10. “False Alarm” (Brett James, Ashley Gorley)
11. “Let’s Break Up Again” (Ashley Gorley, Chris DeStefano, Jonathon Singleton)
12. “Anything But Ordinary” (Robby Johnson, Jason Massey, John Ozier)
13. “There You Are” (Robby Johnson, Bruce Wallace, Marty Dodson)