The 2019 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival has unveiled a series of incredible updates to its campground Plazas, ensuring that this year’s event offers the most exciting and innovative camping experience anywhere.
Last year saw a phenomenal upgrade to Bonnaroo’s communal areas, known as Plazas. Strategically located and well-lit public places throughout the campgrounds, Plazas include shade, free public Wi-Fi, showers, activities, charging stations, Clean Vibes Trading Post redemption centers, misting stations, medical, safety stations, information and portable restrooms. The 2019 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will see a variety of unprecedented experiences throughout the Plazas, including live performances and light-based art installations unlike anything previously seen in the festival’s long, creative history:
- Plaza 2 will be transformed into “Roo’s Sanctuary Of Self Love,” curated By Hayley Williams of Paramore. Bonnaroovians visiting the BougieRoo area will have the opportunity to get festival ready with hair styling by Good Dye Young, mini spa treatments, glitter stations and flower crowns. In addition, Services In The Sanctuary will offer feature everything from and nightly themed dance parties to alternative therapies and panels on mental health and self-love. Fans will also get a chance to win a makeover with style extraordinaire Brian O’Connor of Good Dye Young and meet Hayley Williams herself.
- Among the new Plazas will be “Where In The Woods,” located on the Eastern woods of Bonnaroo’s campground, near both VIP camping and Plaza 2. “Where In The Woods” will transform the forest into an unforgettable magical landscape for late-night fun and daytime escape from reality. The Where Stage will feature DJs and surprise sets late into the night with an otherworldly dance floor.
- Plaza 9 will be dubbed “Bayou Libre,” curated by the New Orleans entertainment collective FREEWATER. An interactive experience inspired by the landscape and the spirits of the swamp, Bayou Libre will be a place where Bonnaroovians can relax in the shade during the day and experience parties late into the night. FREEWATER will bring musical acts as well as some secret performances from New Orleans-based artists featured on the main Bonnaroo lineup.
- Plaza 7 will feature “Whiskey Jam At The Ville,” curated by the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp and local maker-space Fort Houston. Located right next to The Grove, “Whiskey Jam At The Ville” will give festival attendees from all over the world a chance to sample the best in Nashville’s live music, food, art, and so much more. Whiskey Jam, a local Nashville favorite for weekly live music events, will host a Wednesday night kick-off part and present surprise musical acts throughout the weekend.
- Brooklyn’s House of Yes and Little Cinema return to Plaza 3 in 2019, once again offering up thrilling performance spectacles and one-of-a-kind dance party madness. Dirty Circus will feature jaw-dropping circus acts, drag queens with fantastic feats of skill, while Little Cinema and Cinema Club will present mind-blowing interactive immersive screenings. The new Day Lounge and Night Owl Cinema series will also provide shade and late night entertainment. Bonnaroovians are also all invited to Plaza 3’s opening night and closing night parties, as well as what will be a certain highlight of this year’s event – the first-ever Bonnaroo pride parade. The festival has always provided a place of inclusiveness and innovation, though Bonnaroovians will now see the spirit manifest into a trail of radical expression in celebration of our right to exist.
- The Grove at Plaza 7 is back again in 2019 with plenty of shade along with art installations, hammocks, and much more. At night, Nashville’s Fort Houston will transform the beautiful tree-filled space into something even more special with the promise of more lights and experiences than ever before, including the return of “Tonalism,” an all-night ambient music experience by DUBLAB. The “Tonalism” events will feature live performances and DJ sets in an environment transformed by light projections, art installations, and other various multimedia elements. Visitors will be encouraged to lie down and listen for a transformative and contemplative experience.
- The Boogaloo Of Wonder at Plaza 6 will be Bonnaroovians’ go-to spot for comedy performances, artistic exploration, and entertainment of all sorts. Lineup details and more will be unveiled soon.
- The Tower at Plaza 4 offers attendees a convenient stop to or from their camp to grab food, crafts, coffee, and more. Located right near the entrance to Centeroo, The Tower will also host festival favorites like the Bonnaroo Census as well as inspiring art, and more.
- Last, but very definitely not least, the newly revamped VIP Campground Plaza will feature air-conditioning, private bars, complimentary Wi-Fi, daily yoga classes, games, live video feeds of the festival performances, and some special surprises. Located close to Plazas 2 and 3, the VIP Campground Plaza is available exclusively to VIP patrons.
- For updates, additional details, and much more, please visit www.bonnaroo.com/experience/camping-plazas.
The 18th annual four-day multi-stage camping festival will take place June 13 – 16, held as always at Great Stage Park, the spectacular 700-acre farm and event space located just 60 miles southeast of Nashville in Manchester, TN. Tickets – including General Admission (4 Day), VIP (4 Day), Platinum (4 Day) and more – are on sale now. Tier 4 tickets are nearly sold out but fans can lock in GA tickets for just $47 via ticket layaway plans. For complete details and ticket availability, please visit www.bonnaroo.com/tickets.